The assignment should be a minimum of five pages in length and must include reference to the course text and one additional research (scholarly article or online resource) in creating the formative/summative assessment. The assignment must be cited in proper APA format. A title and reference page must be included.
Over the past four weeks youâ€™ve had the opportunity to create a classroom environment that supports the foundations of differentiated instruction (DI), brainstorm differentiated strategies that align with the Common Core State Standards, and create the foundation for a unit plan based that incorporates instructional technology while adhering to UDL and DI principles.ã€€
This week you will use what youâ€™ve learned to create a summative assessment for the unit plan you created, using one of the strategies from your PLC blog, and with the classroom environment youâ€™ve outlined in Week Two.ã€€
This summative assessment must include:
Common Core State Standard being assessed for mastery (it can be the same one you used in Week Fourâ€™s assignment).
- A unit goal that aligns with the Common Core State Standard:ã€€
The students will (Measurable Verb) by (A specific outcome with a specific tool) with ___% accuracy.
- Measurable â€“ How will mastery be measured? (e.g.: Classify, discriminate, create, construct, defend, predict, evaluate, etcâ€¦). Be sure to avoid subjective words such as know, understand, learn, or appreciate.
- A specific outcome â€“ what will students do to demonstrate mastery? (e.g.: skill or knowledge that has been gained to as a result of this unit).
- Measurable progress â€“ What tool will be used to measure mastery (e.g.: project, journal, test, etc.)
- Proficiency Level â€“ What is an acceptable level of achievement to demonstrate mastery?ã€€
- Three Formative Assessments â€“ Using the three day lesson plan outline from the unit plan, create a formative assessment for each day that:
- A unique differentiated teaching strategy for each dayâ€™s lesson.
- Addresses multiple intelligences.ã€€
- Considers studentâ€™s different learning styles.ã€€
- Explains how the assessment results will be used to drive instruction.ã€€
- Summative Assessment: Using the summative assessment outline from the unit plan, create a summative assessment that appraises mastery of the Common Core State Standard and the Unit Objective. It must include:
- Directions to complete the assessment written using vocabulary and terms geared towards your identified student population.ã€€ã€€
- A rubric that clearly details how each part of the assignment will be graded.
- Addresses multiple intelligences and various learning styles