There are three possible documentaries for this week, but choose one or two at a minimum (listed below). If you do not have Netflix, the third is a great option on Frontline/ YouTube.
1. How is this global pandemic similar and different from past pandemics?
2. Like previous pandemics, what are some of the ways that prior inequalities within and across countries are made apparent and get magnified over time?
3. Scapegoating and othering target minorities or nationalities has been a feature of past pandemics and now the current one. What does this tell us about deeper beliefs dominant in the United States?
“Azar faulted workers’ ‘home and social’ conditions for meatpacking outbreaks on a call with members of Congress, health secretary defended conditions inside the meat plants, three participants say.”
Read in POLITICO: https://apple.news/A4NARFfwoRyy-QPUOZ0mKHg (é“¾æŽ¥åˆ°å¤–éƒ¨ç½‘ç«™ã€‚)
1. Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak Episodes 1 and 2
2. Coronavirus, Explained (Netflix)
3. Frontline: Coronavirus Pandemic