- Explain the pathophysiologic difference between cluster headaches, migraines, and tension-type headaches.
- Classify and differentiate at least four types of stroke
- Elaborate on the difference between primary and secondary Parkinson’s disease
- Summarize the five categories of pain. Discuss their pathways. Explain the etiology of chronic and acute pain.
- Complete Case Study #59 (hypothyroid) in the Bruyere textbook.
Write an essay on the following topic:
- Diabetes Mellitus Type II
The essay should contain at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook. It should cover the following points:
- Explain the pathophysiology of the disease
- Discuss common clinical manifestations
- List differential diagnoses
- Determine which lab tests would confirm the diagnosis and expected results
- Analyze a current protocol for treatment and discuss how the treatment works from the pathophysiological perspective