please answer the following questions about Franz Liszt
Biography Questions: (Please do not discuss pieces here only biographical information)
1) When and when was he born?
2) Who were his parents and what did they do for a living?
3) How many siblings did he have, were they musical?
4) Who were his teachers and musical influences?
5) What was his religion?
6) Did religion influence his music? If so, how?
7) Where did he go to school?
8) Where did he work and for whom?
9) Was he married and to whom?
10) Did he have children?
11) Did his children study music and with whom did they study music?
12) Did he have psychological disorders or illnesses?
13) What were some interesting things about his life or events that happened in his life that are unique?
14) Where and when did he die and how?
15) Where is he buried?
16) Who did he influence or who were some of his most famous pupils?
Music Period, Genres, and Characteristics of his Style:
1) In which period did he live and briefly describe that period and list dates? (Romantic, Nationalism, Impressionism, Primitivism, Expressionism, America Music and Jazz, Music post 1945)
2) Write one paragraph about Historical Context
3) What types of genres did he compose (provide a list, For example, Beethoven composed 9
Symphonies, 1 Opera, 1 Mass, 32 Piano Sonatas, 5 Piano Concertos, etc.).
4) What were the musical characteristics of his music (please use sentence form for this section).
Your Own Analysis (please do not use 1st person)
1) Choose one piece by your composer
2) Define the Genre of the piece
3) Describe the pieces (characteristics, styles, instrumentation, number of movements and forms of each)
4) Give some of your own thoughts but do not use the 1 st person. (For example, you could say: â€œThe piece has lively rhythms.â€ Rather than saying: â€œI like the lively rhythms of this piece.â€).
Please use 4-5 Sources and cite them in your paper. Also, include a bibliography. A paper without citations and a bibliography will not be accepted or graded.