A Few Things to Check on Your Paper
• Make sure your introduction clearly lays out what you will be arguing.
• Indent your paragraphs.
• Avoid the use of personal pronouns in your essay.
• Be sure to use transitional sentences to get from one paragraph to the next.
• Check for run-on sentences that need to be broken up into smaller units.
• Break up long blocks of text into smaller paragraphs.
• Remember to cite your sources as you use them throughout your paper.
• Place any footnotes you have at the end of the sentence.
• Number your pages.
• Make a point of proofreading through your paper when you are done to catch
any errors you may have accidentally overlooked.
• Remove any spaces between your paragraphs
• 5 pages means 5 pages