After you have watched the short TED Talk, respond to the following questions:
- What is Sheehy’s thesis or main argument?
- What does Sheehy use to back up her claims? What kind of examples does she share with her audience?
- Does Sheehy try to appeal to your logic, your emotions or both? Think about the big three rhetorical strategies (ethos, pathos, logos) and discuss: Does Sheehy effectively appeal to her audience? (Remember to use specific examples.)
- Do you have a different understanding on how you will do your research for Project 3 because you have watch this talk? Why or why not?
- What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk? What interested you or surprised you the most?
“The Case for Curiosity Driven Research” | Suzie Sheehy
- Your initial response should be 150-300 words per question.