In this assessment you will complete a program to demonstrate the skills for this learning competency for your selected language path.
In this program you will write two functions. One function will locate and return the largest value in an integer array. The second function will loop through the integer array, check each value to see if it is even or odd and place the appropriate word in a corresponding string array. Finally, your program will loop through the two arrays, printing the integer value from the integer array followed by the string value from the string array in the same item position.
- Define an integer array that will hold 10 integers.Initialize it with the following values: 56, 77, 23, 12, 88, 59, 97, 33, 38, 64.
- Define a string array that will hold 10 strings.
- Write a function, named findMax, that will accept two arguments and return an integer value. The first parameter is an integer array. The second parameter is the size or length of the integer array. Loop through the positions in the array, searching all items to find the largest value in the array. Return the array index of the largest value found.
- Write a function named, evenOrOdd, that will accept three parameters. The first parameter is the integer array used in the above function. The second parameter is the string array from step 2 and the third parameter is an integer indicating the size of the two arrays. This function will perform the following tasks:
- This function will loop through the first array, checking each value to see if it is even or odd.
- For each item in the integer array, the function will then place the appropriate value, â€œevenâ€ or â€œoddâ€, in the corresponding position of the string array.
- Hint: Using the modulus operator, (also called the modulo), to divide the number by 2 will result in either a remainder of 0 or 1. A remainder of 0 indicates an even number and a remainder of 1 indicates an odd number. The modulus operator for all of the languages in this class is %.
- After calling both functions, print the maximum number determined by findMax as well as the array index position of the largest number. Next, the program will loop through the two arrays and print the integer from integer array followed by the corresponding â€œevenâ€ or â€œoddâ€ value from the string array.
56, 77, 23, 12, 88, 59, 97, 33, 38, 64
The largest number in the array is 97 located at array index 6.
The numbers were:
56 is even
77 is odd
23 is odd
12 is even
88 is even
59 is odd
97 is odd
33 is odd
38 is even
64 is even
Directions for Submitting Your Assessment
The source code file is the file in your project that contains the code you wrote. You will only need to submit the source code file for your program and not the entire project folder or any additional project files. Below are listed the file extensions for the source code file for each language:
.cs file for C#
.java file for Java
.php and .js files for Web Development
Naming Your Project and Source Code File
While you can change your file name later, it will be simpler with less chance of confusion if you name your new project and code file with the following naming convention when you create it. The code file(s) should be saved as: IT213M4_YourLastName_Language. The source code file and the project name can be the same.