For the purposes of this Assignment, you are going to create a fictional nonprofit organization. The organization can serve any population that you wish. You are going to assume that this organization has come to you for your fundraising expertise. They want you to provide them with some advice related to fundraising for their organization. The presentation should concentrate on fundraising, fundraising events, and tips related to successful fundraising. The presentation needs to include the components listed below.
- Description of the fictional nonprofit organization. Be sure to include information related to the population the organization serves, at least two programs it offers to the community, whether the organization is new or has had a long history, and the financial stability of the organization (do they have a lot of money to spend on fundraising, etc.)? You can include any other information that you feel is pertinent to the organization that would be applicable to your presentation about fundraising.
- Sources of fundraising that would be appropriate for your organization including an explanation of why you chose the types of fundraising that you did.
- At least 2 types of fundraising events that would be appropriate for your organization. Justify why you chose those fundraising events for your particular organization. For each of the fundraising events, include examples from actual existing organizations that are getting ready to do these events, or have done them in the past.
- Overall tips related to how to be successful with fundraising.
- Specific information related to donor recognition, including examples, and why this is an important aspect of fundraising. Provide examples of different methods of donor recognition from actual existing organizations.
Your Assignment should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of fundraising. You should include a minimum of four reputable references in your PowerPoint presentation, with one of the references being your textbook. Your PowerPoint presentation should consist of at least 15 slides, not including the title page and a references page. For help with citations, refer to the APA Quick Reference. For additional writing help, visit the Writing Center and review the guidelines for research, citation, and plagiarism.