La Borrachita (CD2, Track 13) Report
Due Date: Friday, November 30
Length: Minimum of 2 pages (single-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font)
Listen to the track carefully. Read the lyrics carefully. Address the items below.
1. Context of the Selection: 6 pts.
Identify the following:
- the distinctive features of the genre (include stylistic features)
- the historical and cultural context that inspired the selection
2. Vocal Performance: 8 pts.
Analyze vocal production with specific reference to the following:
- breath control
- vowel placement
- use of chest and head voice
- use of falsete
3. Lyrics: 7 pts.
Analyze the text of the selection (using appropriate vocabulary) with specific focus on the following:
- meaning/values expressed and issues addressed
- language style and tone
- verse structure and literary devices
4. Instrumental Accompaniment: 4 pts.
Analyze (using appropriate vocabulary) the instrumental accompaniment with specific focus on the following:
- the musical instruments
- the performance technique and tempo
Your language usage will be evaluated for the three areas below.
Language Usage: 5 pts.
Students will employ the following:
- standard grammar (complete sentences, correct verb usage, and correct punctuation throughout all of the assignment)
- proper vocabulary (no slang or colloquialisms) and correct spelling throughout all of the assignment
- effective paragraph construction(unified and coherent paragraphs throughout all of the assignment)