Write a paper that demonstrates an understanding of the concepts presented in this course by discussing how a specific industry has been affected by big data analytics and the role you are interested in playing within the industry(Fashion Industry)
Begin by presenting your findings about this industry and answer the following questions:
- How has data analytics evolved specifically in this industry? Give a historical account with relevant time lines.
- Are there specific technologies, software, or platforms being used in this industry?
- Are there any ways in which big data has disrupted the industry? How has this changed relationships and dynamics in the industry?
- How do you see analytics further changing the industry in the future?
- What are some of the ethical/regulatory concerns that play out in this industry? What is your personal take on these tradeoffs? How should government and/or regulatory bodies be involved to ensure sustainability, and to protect consumers’ interests.
Then provide insights into data analytics within the industry by answering the following questions:
- What is the current demand for data analytics talent in this particular industry? What skills are in highest demand? What typical job roles are being advertised?
- What are the organizational roles associated with data analytics? Are there any that are unique to the industry
What are common techniques and or approaches to analytics and/or data science that are particular to this industry?
Finally, if you are interested in working within the industry, discuss
- If this is not an industry you wish to work, explain why. Include a discussion of why the available roles do not interest you.
- What makes it your ideal career? What specific role would you like to play? Is there a position you aspire to? Why