It is common knowledge that media communicates messages, both reflecting social norms and reinforcing specific ideas of who we are and how we should act. When considering popular culture and the messages embedded in a given song, video, television show, movie, or magazine advertisement, sociology directs us to consider the image itself, the viewer and the one viewed, the social implications, and the context of the industry from which the media is produced, among other things.
- Explain the many features of culture.
- Detail elements of culture, dimensions of cultural difference, and culture change.
- Discuss the relationship between technology and culture.
- Apply the core sociological theories to the study of culture.
- Describe the micro-level process of socialization and its importance to the development of personality.
- Describe different influences on socialization at the various stages of the life course.
Step 1: Select an example of contemporary popular culture; feel free to share a source link. Discuss what aspects of culture are reflected and/or reinforced here. Discuss the relationship of your example to the process of socialization.
BE SURE YOU CITE AT LEAST ONE REFERENCE IN APA FORMAT!!!!!