Case Study Ethical Legal Dilemma Advanced Practice Nursing
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
Apply theoretical frameworks and concepts to ethical dilemmas in the advanced practice role.
- ethical legal decision-making dilemma
- Include one ethical principle and one law that could be violated and whether the violation would constitute a civil or criminal act based on facts.
- Construct a decision that demonstrates integrity and that would prevent violation of the ethical principle and prevent the law from being violated.
- Describe the legal principles and laws that apply to the ethical dilemma.
- Support the legal issues with prior legal cases or state or federal statutes.
- Analyze the differences between ethical and legal reasoning and apply an ethical-legal reasoning model in the case study to create a basis for a solution to the ethical-legal dilemma.
- List three recommendations that will resolve advanced practice nurses’ moral distress in the dilemma you have presented.
- Based on the issue you presented and the rules of the law, apply the laws to your case and come up with a conclusion.
- This is a fact-based Assignment that will not include your opinion.
- This will require research and support for what is written.
- The Assignment should be in your words after reading the scholarly and fact-based publications and have proper citations. There should be no quotations. The professor wants to hear your voice as a masters trained nurse.
In the Unit 2 topic 1 Discussion, you chose an ethical-legal dilemma that would cause the advanced practice nurse moral distress. You will write the introductory paragraphs for the Unit 4 Assignment.
You will continue working on the topic you have chosen and submit the paper using the most recent version of APA format. The paper should have a minimum of seven citations and some of these should be case law or applicable statutes. The Library has Westlaw Campus Research database where you can find case laws that relate to your topic. The APA Manual and the textbook have instructions on legal formatting.
use APA 6th Edition format.