Your loved one needs treatment for a medical condition. Are you more likely to utilize a medical protocol described in a leading medical journal, or a product from an infomercial? Most people would want to use the most reliable and credible resources. The same is true when you are doing research in criminal justice.
During the process of tracking down resources on a particular topic in criminal justice you may evaluate resources with varying levels of quality.
For this Assignment, consider types of resources that can be used in criminal justice that are credible and reliable. You examine the different types of information sources to determine if they are reliable and credible.
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
- Johnson, W. A., Rettig, R. P., Scott, G. M., & Garrison, S. M. (2015). The criminal justice student writer’s manual (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 6 “Organizing the Research Process”
- Chapter 7 “Information Sources”
- Evaluating resources. Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/evaluating
- Selecting the right source. Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/evaluating/publications
- Evaluation methods. Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/evaluating/methods
- Peer review. Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/evaluating/peer-review
- Criminal justice databases. Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/criminaljusticeresearch