The Implicit Association Test (IAT) is a popular and respected method for measuring implicit attitudes and beliefs. Take a test of your choosing, and respond to the following questions regarding your experience Use the link below for the IAT.
Write an essay of 800-1,000 words on your experience with the Implicit Association Test (IAT), located on the Project Implicit website; see the attached document under the assignment tab for further directions. Include the following:
- Describe which test you took and your results.
- Discuss if your results surprise you, why or why not?
- Interpret the results. Do you think they are valid for you personally?
- Reflect on the results of your test and your own implicit bias, briefly explain the causes of prejudicial attitudes and discriminatory behaviors you may have seen in others. Do you see similarities or difference between your bias and others potential bias.
- Consider the overall validity of the IAT. Do you think this test is a valid and reliable measure of implicit bias? Use scholarly research to back up your claims in this section.
Use two to four scholarly resources, for this assignment the textbook can count as a scholarly source.
When writing in APA style, it is important that your analysis is written in third person. Writing in third person helps with clarity and conciseness throughout your paper. However, some instances writing in first person is acceptable and should be used sparingly. Solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.