In 800–1000 words, respond to a series of questions about a selected company’s information management system.
Meeting customer demands and high efficiencies are the goals of the majority of supply chains, and companies strive to develop sustainable long term supply chain solutions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Design a supply chain to support an organizational strategy.
- Describe an organization’s information management system (IMS).
- Competency 2: Improve efficiency in the supply chain.
- Evaluate the competitive aspects of an organization’s IMS.
- Describe how the IMS helps coordinate between supply chain partners.
- Competency 3: Manage a supply chain in order to satisfy customers.
- Explain how an IMS helps monitor orders and inventory levels and satisfy customers.
- Explain why managing information is equally or more important to a company than moving products.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with the expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing, critical thinking, and research; adhere to APA style and formatting.