Learning Activity #3: Sensation and Perception Response
- Read Chapter 5 in your textbook by Myers, Psychology in Everyday Life.
- Watch: “Crash Course” video which highlights our visual processes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unWnZvXJH2o
- Weber’s Law states that our perception of change is not based on an overall amount, but the percentage or proportion of change. The next video gives an excellent explanation of why your grandma would say, “You’ve grown so much!” when she would see you when you were little; but your parents didn’t notice your steady growth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nL5ulsWMYc
- If you’re interested in visual illusions, check out the following website.
- In 2-3 paragraphs, compare and contrast sensation and perception. Define each term and include top-down and bottom-up processing in your response.