Resources: Project Management, Ch. 1–3
Select a current or past project with which you have been involved in your organization or community.
Prepare a project proposal form as shown in Figure 2.4A of Ch. 2 of Project Management for this project.
Address the following elements:
- Project classification
- Business problem
- Alignment with organizational strategy to support project selection
- Major deliverables by phases of the project lifecycle
- Project impact
- Three major risks
- Measure of success
- Resource availability
Include a brief description of the project using no more than 525 words that addresses the following:
- A description of how this project met the definition and characteristics of a project as defined in Ch. 1 of Project Management (Why would you consider it a project rather than day-to-day work?)
- A description of how project management differs from program and portfolio management
- A description of the organizational structure, based on the structures discussed in Ch. 2 of Project Management
- An explanation of how this project fits within the organizational structure and culture
- An analysis of the pros and cons of the organizational structure in terms of project outcomes
- A description of the culture of the organization that includes concepts from Ch. 3 of Project Management (How did the cultural norms affect this project from a positive or negative perspective?)
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.