(FIRST DRAFT ATTACHED)
This is a formal paper. As such, you should adhere to the conventions of formal writing. This includes using proper mechanics and grammar, examples from your sources when applicable, and proper citations. If you are unclear of what the conventions of formal writing are, it is your responsibility to check. If you do not, I will assume you understand my expectations, and I will grade your paper accordingly.
- Is the topic of the paper properly introduced? Is the topic given its proper context? Is the research problem and the necessity of the research explained?
- Are the references drawn from appropriate sources given the expectations of the project?
- Are the sources properly discussed, their content properly explained? Are the sources addressed collectively? Are the overarching themes adequately explored?
- Does the conclusion reflect the information learned during the course of the research? Does it consider what is still necessary for future research?
- Does the paper exhibit correct mechanics, including grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation?
- Your paper must utilize proper academic formatting: 12pt. Times New Roman font, double-spaced, 1in margins all around, left justified with ragged right margins.
- Your paper should include a proper heading, including (but not limited to) your name. If you are unsure of what a proper academic heading looks like, it is your responsibility to check.
- You must include page numbers in the upper right-hand corner of the pages.
- You should include a seperate bibliography page. Do not space down; insert a page break.
- Your bibliography should adhere to a proper citation style (MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian), as should the rest of your paper.
All papers should be thoroughly edited and proofread before submission. Excessive typographical and grammatical errors will result in a lower grade. There will be no standard deduction for improper grammar or incorrect citations, but the more a paper is filled with organizational problems, usage errors, and incorrect citations of sources, the lower your grade will be.