In a short paper of between 400-500 words, include the following:
- State your variables and hypotheses.
- Describe in detail what data analysis techniques would be appropriate to apply to your proposed study and justify why they are appropriate.
- Be specific and include the appropriate statistical tests. Explain why these are appropriate for your study.
- Refer to the resources provided in your readings within this module
In your textbook, please read the following chapter and its corresponding publisher presentation.
Chapter 7 – Putting It All Together – From Process to Product
Choosing a Statistical Test
In order to draw relevant and accurate conclusions about your research findings, you must first make sure that you have used the appropriate tools to analyze the data you have collected.
There are several criteria that you need to consider in choosing a suitable statistical test.
See the resources below for guidance about choosing among the many options for your data analysis. Remember that it is important to be able to justify your choice of analysis methods.
Note: These resources will help you answer the discussion question for this module.
Choosing a Statistical Test (链接到外部网站。) by Queenborough Lab
Choosing the Correct Statistical Test in Research (链接到外部网站。) by Nalika Gunawardena (Sri Lanka Journal of Child Health)
- Download the PDF file at the bottom of the page to read this article.
Choosing Statistical Test (链接到外部网站。) by Shraddha Parab and Supriya Bhalerao (International Journal of Ayurveda Research)
You can download this chart if you like.