The leadership of Florida MIS Radiology is interested to know how they compare
to their competition and how information systems can give them a competitive
advantage. Your plan is to research three main competitors in the area, identify
their competitive strategies and the information systems that support them, make
comparisons with Florida MIS Radiology’s strategy, and finally, make
suggestions for achieving competitive advantage with information systems.
Create your report with the following information:
1. Given Florida MIS Radiology’s mission, vision, and goals, describe which
of the Porter’s competitive strategy is pursuing. Justify your answer.
2. What are the three main competitors of Florida MIS Radiology in the area?
Which criteria did you use to select them as competitors? Justify your
answers and cite your sources.
3. Based on the competitors’ vision, mission, goals, and objectives, what are
the Porter’s competitive strategies they engage in? How do information
systems help the competitors to achieve their strategies? Give examples
and justify your answers.
4. Considering the competitors’ strategies and information systems
capabilities, do you feel that Florida MIS Radiology’s strategy is
achievable? If so, how can information systems assist Florida MIS
Radiology achieve the strategy? Give three examples. Justify your
5. If you feel that Florida MIS Radiology’s strategy is not achievable, present
an alternative. How can information systems assist Florida MIS Radiology
achieve the alternative strategy? Give three examples. Justify your