PricewaterhouseCoopers (2014), a company that provides audit and
assurance, tax, and consulting services, stated labor is the single,
largest expense most healthcare operations face, accounting for between
45 and 60 percent of operating cost. The healthcare field is highly
regulated and a growing industry. With the shortage of healthcare
workers, the process of sourcing, attracting, hiring, and retaining
talent staff it is vital to the health of the organization.
PricewaterhouseCoopers. (2014). Medical cost trend: Behind the numbers 2015. Retrieved
View this Human Resource Management video regarding the Human Resource department.
In today’s job market, we see many human resource management changes
and challenges evolving with the changes in a competitive market
environment. One goal of the human resource department is to hire
employees that will be as productive as possible, which in turn leads to
more revenue and the success of an organization.
We see challenges in healthcare such as being properly staffed to
care for the patient load, keeping morale high, keeping the budget down,
and making sure the employee is properly trained and oriented, to name
just a few.
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper that explains the significance of human
resource management in healthcare. Identify and discuss the following:
- How organizational restructuring has impacted staffing in healthcare organizations.
- What challenges does the Human Resources department face and what would you do to overcome these adversities?
- Does decreasing the number of employees always save an organization/company money? Why or why not?
- How would you select a “qualified person” for a position? What makes a successful leader in healthcare?
- In the competitive healthcare environment, how do we recruit and retain talented staff?
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your position and answers to the questions.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3-4
references. Use the following link for additional information on how to
recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.