For this benchmark, you will design a four-lesson curriculum unit and an end-of-unit event plan for wellness week that comprehensively covers health, safety, nutrition, and fitness for the Birth to Age 8/Grade 3 age group that you hope to teach in the future, or the age group in which you spent the most practicum hours.
Use the format of one of the “Lesson Plan Templates” as a resource and include the following for each of the four lesson plans:
- Clear, measurable learning objectives that align to early learning standards (ELS) as well as your state’s subject standards;
- Anticipatory set;
- Relevant materials and resources including visual or audio resources;
- Differentiation of instruction to address the diverse needs of students; and
Next, design a 100-250 word culminating end-of-unit event plan for families. Include information about the following:
- Health and safety issues to be addressed;
- Nutritional food that will be served;
- Physical activities that will take place; and
- Ways families can share multiple perspectives on health, safety, nutrition, or physical activities relevant to their child, their family, their community, or their culture. Include a unique way to incorporate these perspectives into the event.
GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Submit the four lessons and the end-of-unit event plan as one deliverable.