please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” video in the Student Center.
training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment: Applications of Graph Theory
Due Week 10 and worth 150 points
In 1736, a famous Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler (1707 – 1783) started the work in the area of Graph Theory through his successful attempt in solving the problem of “Seven Bridges of Konigsberg.” Graph Theory solved many problems in multiple fields (Chinese Postman Problem, DNA fragment assembly, and aircraft scheduling.) In Chemistry, Graph Theory is used in the study of molecules, construction of bonds in chemistry, and the study of atoms. In Biology, Graph Theory is used in the study of breeding patterns or tracking the spread of disease.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Choose two (2) applications for graph theory within your area of specialization (Networking, Security, Databases, Data Mining, Programming, etc.).
- Examine how these applications are being used in your specialization.
- Determine how graph theory has advanced the knowledge in your area of specialization.
- Conclude how you will apply graph theory in your area of specialization.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. In-text citations must be used appropriately and have a corresponding reference entry. Each reference must have at least one in-text citation. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Model relationships with graphs, functions, and trees.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in discrete math.
- Write clearly and concisely about discrete math using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
to view the grading rubric.