Read the Bethel Alaska Aircraft Accident Report and answer the following questions in the discussion post. It is permissible to answer the questions in a document and post the document in the discussion post. Save your document using a naming convention that includes your first and last name and the activity number (or description). Do not add punctuation or special characters.
Respond to each of the following questions in your discussion post:
- Explain the engine take-off performance parameters/limits, when the engine has no failure (based on sea-level).
- What field level investigation procedures should be or were used to evaluate the engine?
- How did the NTSB evaluate the engine after recovery of the wreckage?
- What were the likely contributing factors to the aircraft accident? Explain why you believe these factors contributed or did not contribute to the accident.
- What post accident impact damage did the NTSB have to contend with (e.g., missing components, transportation damage, etc.)?
- What field conditions did the NTSB face at this accident site?
- What possible factors contributed to the aircraft accident (e.g., processes, procedures, maintenance, environmental, operational, etc.)?
- What, if anything, would you do differently in the investigation?