Respond to the following:
Units of Analysis (NO WORD COUNT ON THIS ONE, JUST ANSWER BOTH QUESTIONS)
As a researcher, you must be careful to avoid incorrect inferences.
When conducting research, you must specify carefully the people or items
that will be studied. In your discussion post, address the following:
- Which type of unit of analysis do you believe is the hardest to work with? Why?
- Confusion about units of
analysis might result in fallacies such as the ecological fallacy or the
individualistic fallacy. Imagine conducting Marvin Wolfgang’s
Philadelphia study today. What type of problems do you think you might
encounter with the units of analysis? How would you address these
Lesson 2 Essay
Instructions: Using the web, find a journal article featuring an experimental design. Read the article.
In a new Word document, write a 1/2-1 page essay that addresses the following:
- What technique was used to select subjects and assign them to groups?
- What are the independent and dependent variables?
- What threats exist in this design?
- What conclusions can be made from this research?
- What suggestions can be offered to address the threats to the study?