Assignment 4: Part D: Your Marketing Plan – Video
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Imagine that you are pitching your hypothetical service-based company’s
marketing plan to the Shark Tank Team for possible investment. Use a tablet,
smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a three to
five (3-5) minute dynamic video in which you present your full marketing plan
from Assignments 1, 2, and 3.
Note: If you are using a tablet or smartphone you will need to email the
video file to yourself, then save it to a computer in order to upload to
Blackboard. You may want to upload your video to a file sharing service, such as
Dropbox, if your email will not let you send a large video file. Dropbox is
accessible from all smartphones and tablets from the Dropbox app.
Once you are ready to upload your video to Blackboard, please use the
following naming convention in the popup window for your video once it is
- Title: Your First Name, Your Last Name – Shark Tank Investment Video
- Tags: MKT500, Shark Tank
- Description: First Name, Last Name – MKT500 Assignment 4 (Date Uploaded ex.
Note: Check with your professor
for any additional instructions. If you do not have access to a video camera or
necessary hardware to complete this assignment, please contact your
Note: If you receive an
“Error while uploading” message and you are unable to upload
your video file, let your instructor know right away. You can send the file in
an alternate way such as sending it to your instructor’s email via a file
sharing service such as Google Drive, or you can upload your video file to a
video sharing service such as YouTube and then send the link to your instructor
to view it from. If your video is unable to upload to any of
these sources either, your computer may have insufficient bandwidth to upload
video, and you should copy the file to a thumb drive and send it from a
different computer or mobile device.
Tips to prepare for your video:
- Create note cards
- Practice in front of a mirror and / or friends
- Review materials thoroughly
- Be persuasive
- Be professional
- Be creative
- Have fun!
Create a two to five (2-5) minute video presentation in which you:
- Present the major points of your marketing plan.
- Project your voice in order to clearly convey your ideas.
- Present in a professional manner.
- Use technology (e.g., i.e. audio quality, video quality, naming conventions)
to convey ideas.
- Use voice inflection and proper grammar.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Analyze the marketing framework including the concepts of the 5Cs, STP, and
- Develop strategies to assess performance and achieve marketing goals.
- Create an effective marketing plan.
- Examine the marketing science of customer behavior and products in the
marketing exchange process and create dynamic strategies for competing.
- Evaluate the basis for market segmentation and approaches to
- Evaluate target customer segments and positioning products within these
- Develop branding strategies for existing and new products.
- Develop pricing strategies and distribution channels for products.
- Analyze integrated marketing communications and its relationship to
- Evaluate marketing research tools involved in the marketing process.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in marketing
Note: All I want built is a power point with video’s included within it “in reference to selling my product of Essex”. I plan on placing my voice within the back ground for the presentation.