In this week’s Discussion, you will examine how current policies
impact how you as a nurse provide health care. You will then select an
issue of interest and determine how you could advocate for policy in
- Select one public policy that currently is impacting you and your practice. Consider the following:
- What health care driver was the policy designed to address: cost, quality, access, or a combination?
- Does the policy appear to be achieving its intended results? On what data are you basing your assumption?
- What have been the effects (adverse or positive) of this policy on health care cost, quality, and access?
- How is this policy affecting your nursing practice?
- Next, select a health care issue—something you see or experience on
a daily basis—about which you would like to influence a practice change
through the policy process.
- Review the Learning Resources, focusing on Kingdon’s Model. How would you utilize this model to guide your policy development?