Background Info: The 1928 Ford Model A had a single windshield wiper that cleaned an area of 75 in squared. The total arm and blade was 10 in long and rotated back and forth on only the driver’s side window. Today cars are equipped with 2 or 3 windshield wipers. Your job is to measure the central angle of the wiper, the length of each wiper and find the area of each area cleaned.
· Take picture of the your vehicle, and make sure you include the windshield (s) in the picture.
· Find the central angle of the wiper’s rotation
· Find the area that the wiper blade clears
· Indicate the length of each wiper blade.
· Students draw out the scenario on graph paper and use trigonometry