1. Marketing is often criticized because it “creates a consumer need for items they don’t actually need”. Support or refute this claim.
2. Based on your analysis, could this change be based on the industry that you are evaluating? For example, do some industries focus on creating false needs whereas others focus on the consumer’s actual needs?
· Please ensure that the discussion question response is substantive in nature, which includes a minimum of 300 words.
· Post a minimum of two follow-up posts to your fellow students. Please include at least 50 words in the individual responses to your peers.
· Please avoid writing the minimum. Make sure that the response is topic-specific, relevant to the course material, and supported by outside academic sources through the use of in-text citations with the inclusion of a reference section.
Amstrong, G, Kotler, P, Harker, M, Brennan, R, (2009) Marketing: An introduction, Prentice Hall;