Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words)
that responds to each of the items described in the topic.
Harlem Renaissance Poets. Essay & Poem. Choose two (2) poems by different authors from the Harlem Renaissance. Write an essay that:
- Describes each author’s role and importance within the Harlem Renaissance.
the elements in each of their poems in which you see evidence of the
“double-consciousness” being expressed by each author.
describe at least two (2) primary themes you see in the poetry written
during this time period, referring to specific lines in each of the
- Write your own poem that expresses these identified themes of the Harlem Renaissance.
The Project Paper will be graded on:
- The level to which the instructions were followed.
- The extent to which all four (4) parts in the topic were addressed.
- The adequacy of information, examples, and details which support the general claim or main idea.
- The clarity and relevance of the explanations and descriptions.
- Adherence to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- The inclusion of three (3) required references (two  additional sources besides your textbook) documented using APA style.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA Style format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions specific to
the selected topic. (Note: Students can find APA style
materials located in the Additional Resources section of their Student
Center within their course shell for reference)
a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required page