Please complete ALL THREE of the Professional Development exercises.
create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least five(5) citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements.
1. It can take several hours of game play to learn the mechanics of some games, even longer for the more complex games. If subject matter learning can occur only after this initial game mechanic learning occurs, how can educators justify the amount of time a learner must spend within the game just to get to the point where learning begins?
2. Design a simulation scenario incorporating the use of an electronic health record (EHR) into a PowerPoint presentation with 3-5 mins detail note voice over:
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Which informatics competencies would you focus on and why? (2 slides)
- How can educators justify the amount of time a learner must spend within the game just to get to the point where learning begins? (2 slides)
3. Review following scenario and address questions as part of the presentation: For years, Victoria has been torn between the desire to practice nursing in the vibrant, metropolitan city, or in her peaceful, mountainous hometown in the country with her family. She wonders how the two experiences differ. How do the demands differ? How does the technology differ? To learn more about these differences, she explores a variety of education scenarios, including computer-based virtual reality, simulations, and real life scenarios in both urban and rural settings.
- How do you think the demands and technologies differ? (2 slides)
- How can virtual reality, simulations, and real life scenarios be designed to provide optimal education for nursing students? (2 slides)
- How might they be integrated into the nursing school curriculum to increase patient, practitioner, and hospital safety? (2 slides)
- References (1 slide)