1.What are the main points of (i) Rosenbloom et al.’s (2015) chapter 3, (ii) Fry & Raadchelder’s (2014) chapter 4 , and (iii) Fleming, McCartha, & Steelman’s (2015) article?
2. Some believe that the United States has too many governments, in the sense that governmental authority is too fragmented and that the cost of redundancies and loss of coordination is too high. Would you favor abolishing any levels or kinds of government? Why or why not? Use Rosenbloom et al.’s (2015) chapter 3 and Fry & Raadchelder’s (2014) chapter 4 to support your opinions.
3. Based on Fleming, McCartha, & Steelman’s (2015) article, answer the following questions: (i) How does federalism affect disaster management? and (ii) What are the recommendations for practitioners in this article?
* Minimum 600 words are required
* Make sure to integrate the reading materials in your postings and demonstrate that you have completed the required readings.
* Please cite your sources.
- Fry, B. R., & Raadshelders, J. C. N. (2014). Mastering public administration: From Max Weber to Dwight Waldo. Washington, D.C.: CQ Press. [ISBN-13: 978-1452240046/ISBN-10: 1452240043]
- Rosenbloom, D. H., Kravchuk, R. S., & Clerkin, R. M. (2015). Public administration: Understanding management, politics, and law in the public sector (8th edition). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. [ISBN-13: 978-0073379159/ISBN-10: 0073379158]
- Article – attached