Here is the instructions for that paper.. let me know if you can also complete it:
the student will select local or state government organization
concerned with emergency management and planning, and research, analyze
and critique on the organization’s emergency management and planning
processes. The focus of the analysis is to examine the various emergency
management planning components: Mitigation; Preparedness; Response; and
Recovery, as well as how the organization uses Unity of Command and
NIMS principles in its emergency management practices.
research should include web search, periodicals, publications and
interviews of personnel involved with the Emergency Management planning
of the organization and personal observations when possible. Students
should view the information obtained with the purpose of critiquing the
organization’s fulfillment of the components suggested by the text and
other sources. Explain the pros and a con of the organization’s
emergency management process. Have they anticipated emergencies that law
enforcement will be responsible for? Have they coordinated with other
local state and federal agencies? Have they developed plans for handling
emergencies? Have they exercised these plans? What should the
organization do to improve their emergency management planning and
response? What have they excelled at?
The purposes in conducting
and writing this study are to improve your ability to synthesize,
analyze, and evaluate information carefully and objectively, solve
problems effectively, present your ideas in clear written form directed
to a specific audience, in this case, your class.
To complete this project, you should:
- Select the agency in which you are interested.
- Gather materials from the agency, such as planning reports and practical exercise reports.
- Interview persons working in the planning section about their job(s) in person, telephone or e-mail.
- Observe the activities in the organization if possible.
- Describe the structure, practice, and procedures of the organization.
- Describe the procedures you will use to conduct your study including interviewing some people who work in the section.
- Describe the results of your study.
- Make conclusions about your findings, including the positive and negative aspects you discovered.
Your paper must include:
- A cover page
- Methodology section
- Reference page
- Appendix which might include a summary of your interview(s) and organization charts of your agency and your section
text of this paper should be at least 2,000 words or eight pages
typewritten or computer-generated, not counting the cover page,
reference pages, and appendices. The paper shall be double spaced in
either Times New Roman, 12 font. You must demonstrate that you
understand the terminology and the concepts used in the section of the
agency you study and that you know how to apply these concepts. You
must demonstrate that you can synthesize, analyze, and evaluate
information. You must correctly use APA format in source citation both
in the body of the paper and in the reference page. Read the Plagiarism
tab in the course.