the knowledge management report is a Communities of Practice
Get perfect grades by consistently using our affordable writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Project 1: Communities of Practice Report
Project One: Communities of Practice Report
Due in Week 3
The Knowledge Management report is a Communities of Practice (CoP) Evaluation Report.
The purpose of writing the Communities of Practice Evaluation Report is to provide you with exposure to the social process of becoming a knowledge practitioner. Writing the report will provide the social context of an individual being integrated as a part of a community in pursuit of a common practice. The collective social practice ties individuals together but also helps shape an individual’s view and interpretation of the community, language and culture.
Outcomes Met With This Assignment:
- describe knowledge management trends, cultural impacts, and communities of practice in order to support organizational success;
NOTE: All submitted work is to be your original work. You may not use any work from another student, the Internet or an online clearinghouse. You are expected to understand the Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism Policy, and know that it is your responsibility to learn about instructor and general academic expectations with regard to proper citation of sources as specified in the APA Publication Manual, 6th Ed. (Students are held accountable for in-text citations and an associated reference list only). Serious sanctions can result from violations of any type of the Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism including a zero on an assignment, a zero for the course or dismissal from the university.
In this short report, you will research and observe a community of practice related to knowledge management. Acceptable communities can be found blogging on professional topics, within social media, or as a group within an organization.
Write the Introduction
Create the introductory paragraph. The introductory paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper and tells a reader the main points covered in the paper. To help you know how to write an introduction, view this website to learn how to write an introductory paragraph: http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/faculty/donelan/intro.html
Required Elements to include in the Communities of Practice (CoP Evaluation Report):
- Identify the industry/organization that CoP is focused on;
- Discuss the type of community of practice (CoP);
- Discuss how the CoP is relevant to knowledge management;
- Briefly discuss the nature of issues and topics discussed within the CoP;
- Discuss how the CoP adds value to the industry/organization.
Write the summary paragraph
Write the summary paragraph. A summary paragraph restates the main topics of the paper. Make sure to leave a reader with a sense that the paper is complete. The summary paragraph is the last paragraph of a paper and does not need a heading.
Review the Paper
Read the paper to ensure all required elements are present. Use the grading rubric to ensure that you gain the most points possible for this assignment.
Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
- Read the paper aloud as a first measure;
- Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a second measure;
- Have someone who has excellent English skills to proof the paper;
- Consider submitting the paper to the Effective Writing Center (EWC). The EWC will provide 4-6 areas that may need improvement.
Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder (The assignment submitted to the Assignment Folder will be considered a student’s final product and therefore ready for grading by the instructor. It is incumbent upon the student to verify the assignment is the correct submission. No exceptions will be considered by the instructor).
Before you begin writing the paper you will read the following requirements that will help you meet the assignment requirements.
- Read the grading rubric for the assignment. Use the grading rubric while completing the assignment to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible grade.
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so you are expected NOT to use contractions in writing this assignment.
- You are expected to paraphrase and NOT use direct quotes. You are expected to paraphrase, which can be learned by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html.
- You are responsible for APA only for in-text citations and a reference list.
- The expectation is that you provide a robust use of the course readings to support ideas, reasoning and conclusions. This means that you present an idea and then use the course readings to back up what you presented. Stringing one sentence after another using the course readings does not meet the requirement and does not demonstrate critical thinking. Critical thinking is demonstrated when they “why and how” and the “who and what” are thoroughly explained.
- You may not use books as source material.
- When using a source document, the expectation is that the information is cited and referenced with a page or paragraph number. Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.
How to Set Up the Paper
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be between 2-3 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. You are expected to write clearly and concisely.
Follow this format. Consider making an outline to ensure the correct headings are in place and to keep you organize the paper.
- Title page with title, your name, the course, the instructor’s name; date
- Introduction that includes identification of the industry/organization that CoP is focused upon – One paragraph
- Community of Practice Type
- CoP Relevancy to Knowledge Management
- Nature of Issues and Topics Discussed within the CoP
- Added Value of CoP to Industry/organization
- Summary paragraph – One paragraph
Have your paper completed by a writing expert today and enjoy posting excellent grades. Place your order in a very easy process. It will take you less than 5 minutes. Click one of the buttons below.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper