J.D. is a 70-year-old man with a history of prostate cancer, being
treated with palliative hormones and radiation. His admitting diagnosis
is adenocarcinoma of the prostate with widespread bone metastasis.
J.D. is married and has one grown daughter, who often helps with his
care. His chief concern is severe back pain for which the physician has
ordered intrathecal morphine sulfate and aspirin 650 mg for pain
relief. J.D.’s admitting CBC shows a WBC count of 500 and platelet count
For this case study:
- List the symptoms typically seen in patients with prostate cancer.
- Identify the risk factors for prostate cancer, including which population is most at risk.
- Identify the complications J.D. is at risk for and explain the pathophysiology causing those risks.
- List 3 nursing problems and your goals for J.D.
- List at least 3 nursing interventions for each problem.
You should include a minimum of 3 references. Include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page in APA format.