I need help with an assignment that is due tomorrow.
Review the Strategic Management Project Background document.
Review the following terms and concepts discussed this week to prepare for this assignment:
- vertical integration
- taper integration
- backward vertical integration
- forward vertical integration
- strategic alliances
- global strategy
- international strategy
- Identify Caterpillar Inc.’s Current short-term and long-term goals.
- Evaluate how mergers and acquisitions in the last 3-5 years have contributed to Caterpillar Inc.’s performance and affected its organizational goals.
- Assess one merger or Acquisition from the last 5 years and identify the type of integration and how it has impacted Caterpillar Inc.’s performance and affected its organizational goals.
- Identify the most critical merger or acquisition since the initial merger in 1925 that has contributed to Caterpillar’s performance and success in achieving organizational goals and determine its type of integration. Defend your choice.
- Identify and Evaluate the effectiveness of Caterpillar’s operational plan for global strategies (international, multi-domestic, global-standardization, or transnational). Include supporting research or data.
I need help with an assignment that is due tomorrow. Assignment Content Review the Strategic Management Project Background document. Review the following terms and concepts discussed this week t
MGT/498 v6 Strategic Management Project Background Overview The intention of the Strategic Management Project is to provide you practical experience with the elements of strategic management. The project is spread across the 5-week period of the course. Weeks 1‑4 provide an opportunity to put key terms into practice by appraising the strategic planning elements of Caterpillar Inc. through documentation in the Strategic Management Research Journal. The Week 5 concluding assignment showcases your understanding of strategic management and improvement in the formulation of a presentation to Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team. For purposes of the Strategic Management Project, you will operate as if you are a new hire at the Caterpillar Inc. headquarters in the role of Assistant Strategic Development Analyst. Assistant Strategic Development Analyst Job Description Maintain a Strategic Management Research Journal in which you: Appraise Caterpillar Inc.’s corporate data, competitors, and associated business information. Document background information to include previous and current strategic management of Caterpillar Inc. Assess the strengths and weaknesses of strategic management of Caterpillar Inc., based on your analyses, and provide information in a presentation to Caterpillar Inc. leadership. Recommend strategic management actions to ensure future success in a presentation to Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team. About Caterpillar Inc. The following is derived from the Caterpillar Inc. website: Caterpillar Inc. is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. Caterpillar’s enterprise strategy focuses on solutions to help customers build a better world and allows the company to deliver profitable growth for their shareholders. The company’s corporate governance program ensures they serve the interests of stockholders and other stakeholders with the highest standards of responsibility, integrity, and compliance with all laws. Caterpillar’s global presence, product breadth, and financial strength enables the company to be competitive in today’s global marketplaces. Copyright 2020 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.