|Barriers to Utilizing Mental Health Services|
Some of our text reading this week focuses on the utilization of health care services and the different settings in which these services are delivered. identify at minimum one peer-reviewed article published within the last five years that focuses on one of the factors listed below in terms of its potential for creating a barrier to the utilization of mental health services:
- Gender (sex) as a barrier to the utilization of mental health services
- Lifespan (age) as a barrier to the utilization of mental health services
- One comorbidity or multiple comorbidities (additional diagnoses either mental/psychiatric/behavioral/developmental or physical) as a barrier/barriers to the utilization of mental health services
- Severity of mental or physical illness as a barrier to the utilization of mental health services
- Sociocultural factors (financial, transportation, cultural) as a barrier/barriers to the utilization of mental health services
Your discussion should be a minimum of 300 words, and include appropriate citations from the referenced article(s), as well as any additional resources you choose to include in your discussion. Be sure to explain the biological, psychological, and social reasons for the existence of why this particular factor is a barrier to utilizing mental health services. Include recommendations for strategies to reduce this disparity in utilization. Provide all resources as citations and references in APA format.