For this paper, please think about an interpersonal relationship you are currently in (such as a friendship, romantic relationship, work relationship, family relationship, etc.). You will analyze your relationship using the interpersonal communication theories, concepts, and skills we have learned about throughout the semester. In your paper, you will discuss a relational conflict or challenge (such as an argument, transgression, break-up, etc.). Please analyze your relationship and the conflict by applying at least two theories, two concepts, and two skills using any of the chapters from our textbook. When applying the skills, think about what skill you used or could have used to effectively manage the conflict (for example: perception-checking statements, assertive “I” statements, self-monitoring, etc.).
You will also need to cite two library sources for this paper. Your book should be used for the majority of the paper, but two library sources are also required (such as books or journal articles). Make sure you cite your library sources at the end of your paper (bibliography) and throughout the paper (in-text or parenthetical citations) in MLA or APA format.
Make sure you include the following in your paper:
- Brief description of the relationship you chose to write about
- Brief description of the relational conflict/challenge you faced in this relationship
- Application of 2 theories from any chapters in the book
- Application of 2 concepts from any chapters in the book
- Application of 2 skills from any chapters in the book
- Application and citation of 2 library sources (book or journal article)
Your final project paper should be 4 pages, typed, double-spaced, size 12 font, with one inch margins all around, and in essay format. DO NOT just list answers (it should be in essay format).