Choose one of the following themes for a presentation on your Week 4 content:
- Changing Times: Proto-Pop and The Beats (must include either Robert Rauschenberg or Jasper Johns)
- Andy Warhol and Pop Art (focus on Warhol OR Warhol and other Pop artists)
- Protest Art (You may choose to focus on Civil Rights, the Vietnam War, or both)
Create a 10- to 12-sllde presentation (including a title and reference slide) on your selected theme that includes the following:
- 100- to 250-word speaker notes for each of your content slides that
summarize the main points listed on the slide (you will have a minimum
of 8 to 10 content slides which excludes the title and reference
- A description and analysis of four to six artworks related to your selected theme (include an image of each artwork).
- A description of the subject of each artwork; what was the subject depicted by the artist?
- An examination of how this type of art developed; why did artists
choose these subjects? To what social or cultural events were artists
- A description of the materials, media, or techniques used by the
artists; why did the artist use these materials or techniques? What is
the overall effect of the artwork?
Format your presentation using the guidelines below:
- Notes should be in the ‘notes’ section, not on the slide,
and should be written as if you were speaking to a live audience. Be
sure and proofread aloud to catch errors that are often missed when
- Bullet points on the slide should be the primary points of your notes. Use the ‘6 by 6’ rule for slides – no more than six bullet points per slide, and no more than six words per bullet point.
- Include citations at the bottom of the slide indicating the sources of your information.
- Avoid using direct quotes in your notes – paraphrase instead;
however, if you must use a direct quote, be sure and put quotation marks
around the quote, and add the page or paragraph number in your
- Use good, clear images on your slides for the examples,
provide the exact source of the image below it (on the slide, not in the
notes), using a smaller font than that used with your bullet point
- Don’t bother using animation on your presentations – it is not necessary.
- Be sure and have a reference slide as your final slide, listing all
of the sources cited in your notes AND the sources of the images used in
proper APA format.
- Andy Warhol, Part 1 Video Reflection
- James Rosenquist: Reimagining the Billboard
- Andy Warhol: Prison of Consumerism
- Protest Art