An important purpose of this assignment is to examine what the different branches and layers of government do to address a policy using a current issue to illustrate it.
Complete a research essay on the government and national security.
Here are the guidelines and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about American national security and have a clear lesson or lessons in mind along with your takeaway.
- Explain at least two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable and lay out the lessons that support your choice and your recommendation in the conclusion.
- 500 word minimum but there is no maximum, a paper is as long or as short as it needs to be, no more no less. The minimum does not include references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings. See my PowerPoint on using quotes, or primer so you can use quote and sources properly.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
1) Write concisely! Though never sacrifice clarity for brevity. Develop ideas, don’t assert them.
2) Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Don’t use we, us, our, you, your”). I is okay in context.