- “If data is the new oil, then Equifax just caused a huge environmental disaster.” From https://www.csoonline.com/article/3228887/data-breach/if-data-is-the-new-oil-then-equifax-just-caused-a-huge-environmental-disaster.html
- “Using Credit Reporting Agency Data To Assess the Link Between the Community Reinvestment Act and Consumer Credit Outcomes.” From https://www.huduser.gov/portal/periodicals/cityscpe/vol19num2/ch7.pdf
- “Managing in a Post-9/11, Post Katrina World: An Introduction to a Disaster-recovery Planning for Technical Communicators” (Located in the course shell.)
- “Recovering from Database Recovery: Case Studies and the Lessons They Teach” (Located in the course shell.)
Note: Include these four (4) articles in your references section. These four (4) articles do not count towards the required number of references.
After reading these articles, consider the following:
- The need for an organization to have a disaster recovery plan.
- How the attacks of September 11, 2001 affected Barclay’s Capital and Putman Investments. Did that impact Equifax disaster recovery plan? How?
- Whether or not Equifax had a disaster recovery plan. If so, what were the parts of the plan that allowed it to continue operations? If not, what should a disaster recovery plan have included in order to continue operations?
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Identify the steps an organization should take to recover from a disaster and resume the business operations to normal mode
- Suggest two (2) methods that organizations can use in order to mitigate the risk of data loss
- Suggest two (2) methods that organizations can use in order to minimize the impact on personnel after a disaster
- Examine Equifax situation. Determine two (2) factors that contributed to a successful disaster recovery and two (2) factors that hindered a successful disaster recovery for the organization
- Use at least three (3) quality references published within the past  year in this assignment