As part of your continued professional development and learning together as a community, Dr. Jones asks the program evaluation committee to continue reviewing program evaluation case studies so that you can gain insights to inform your committee’s efforts. You will need to report to Dr. Jones with your “lessons learned” from the challenges and issues other committees have faced.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, focusing on:
- Project Plan for Evaluation of a Statewide After-School Initiative
- Evaluation of a School Improvement Grant to Increase Parent Involvement
- The resource from the Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation found in the resources for this week
Post the following as a report back to Dr. Jones:
Compare the ethical considerations and dilemmas evaluators faced in the “Ethical Dilemma” scenario in Grand City and Case Studies: “Project Plan for Evaluation of Statewide After-School Initiative” and “Evaluation of a School Improvement Grant to Increase Parent Involvement.” How might these considerations inform your own efforts?
Using the guidelines in the Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation (2016) Program Evaluation Standards Statement, how would you address the ethical dilemmas in one of the case studies or the “Ethical Dilemma” scenario in Grand City? Support your conclusions with two or more references to this week’s Learning Resources and/or scholarly sources within the last 5 years beyond the course material.
Spaulding, D. T. (2014). Program evaluation in practice: Core concepts and examples for discussion and analysis (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Chapter 10, “Project Plan for Evaluation of a Statewide After-School Initiative” (pp. 137—146)
- Chapter 13, “Evaluation of a School Improvement Grant to Increase Parent Involvement” (pp. 171—179)
http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/E…– then ho to the Grand City Community and click into Grand City School District Administration Office then review the following scenario- Ethical dilemma