- Competency 1: Apply an ethics-centered, evidence-based analysis to complex situations encountered by criminal justice practitioners.
- Competency 2: Explain the antecedents and consequences of crime in the broader context of interdisciplinary knowledge.
- Competency 3: Integrate theoretical, scientific, and practical methods in application to solve problems relevant to criminal justice.
- Competency 4: Describe effective conflict resolution techniques for culturally diverse group interactions.
- Competency 5: Assess the ethical, community-focused leadership skills required for successful criminal justice practitioners in a wide range of interactions.
Throughout the capstone, you explored many facets of criminal justice, including research, leadership, ethics, theory, conflict resolution, and professional communications. These explorations spanned the gamut of criminal justice agencies and encompassed a vast array of application based settings. As this phase of your academic journey nears its finish, in our final discussion focus will be on learning connections as we look back, and anticipated applications as we look ahead.
In your main post:
- Identify the most important concepts, skills, or insights you gained from your learning throughout your Capella journey, based on Competencies 1–5.
- Explain how you will use those concepts, skills, or insights in your current or future career has a FBI Agent
- Express how the capstone course has changed your perspectives in a criminal justice career context.