Module 1: Career Development Assignment
Career Development: Self-Marketing (30 Points)
For this assignment, you should first complete the following tasks:
- Register and initiate a focused job search using industry key words using Indeed Job Search in the CSU-Global Career Center.
- In the CSU-Global Career Center, use Optimal Resume to complete two specific activities: the résumé builder and interview preparation.
- Conduct a practice interview either on your own (using flashcards with prepared questions), with the help of a friend/family member, or with a professional in your field.
Then develop a well-written paper that includes the following:
- The results of your job search
- A summary of what you learned in building a résumé
- An assessment of your experience in a practice interview, including what you learned that you can apply to a real-life interview
- A discussion of what you would include on a resume for a job outside the United States.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 2-3 pages in length
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements