Please answer the following questions:
- Based on your initial assessment, what is your initial case conceptualization? (What do you think is going on? What do you think requires intervention?)
- What are the global assessment considerations? (e.g., I want to see how the family members relate to each other; I want to know about patterns of relating; I want to know what the family considers to be the problem; I want to hear about antecedents and consequences; etc.)
Multicultural Practice Considerations
- Identify issues of diversity that may affect your understanding of what is happening in this family. What family or cultural belief systems will you need to investigate further?
- Identify values and beliefs of these family members that may be at odds with your own. How will you address these issues?
- Address how diversity issues will affect your treatment plan?
- The beginning of treatment:
- Discuss the focus of treatment (e.g., how will you discuss your case conceptualization with the family?).
- Identify at least 2 treatment goals
- Identify at least two potential pitfalls and how you might address them.
- The end of treatment:
- Discuss how you will know that treatment is complete (or that treatment goals have been met).