Analyze the health status of a specific minority group. Select a
minority group that is represented in the United States (examples
include: American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black or
African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific
In an essay of 750-1,000 words, compare and contrast the health
status of the minority group you have selected to the national average.
Consider the cultural, socioeconomic, and sociopolitical barriers to
health. How do race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and education
influence health for the minority group you have selected? Address the
following in your essay:
- What is the current health status of this minority group?
- How is health promotion defined by the group?
- What health disparities exist for this group?
- Describe at least one approach using the three levels of health
promotion prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary) that is likely
to be the most effective given the unique needs of the minority group
you have selected. Provide an explanation of why it might be the most
Cite a minimum of three references in the paper.
You will find important health information regarding minority groups
by exploring the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Minority Health: http://www.cdc.gov/minorityhealth/index.html
- Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH): http://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/resources/public…
- Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations: http://www.samhsa.gov/specific-populations/racial-…
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA
Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to
beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for