In this assignment, you will research and complete an essay discussing why it is important to recognize that statistical evidence is not necessarily the same as truth. You will learn how people select and interpret data and investigate how graphs and other materials can be used to spin the truth.
- Identify the benefits of valid statistical evidence and the limitations of statistical analysis.
- Read the article: Can People Lie with Statistics? (Links to an external site.)
- Answer all three questions under “What Do You Think” in your essay
- Your essay should be at least 3-5 pages and include at least two outside references.
- Your essay must be in proper APA format.
- When you have completed the assignment, click the Submit Assignment option in the menu to the right and select a format for submitting your assignment.
- Click the Submit Assignment button when you are ready.