Draft: Write a 500 – 750-word essay that responds to the following questions:
- What is the name of the story? The author? Year published?
- What is the story about? (short paragraph)
- Who is the main character and what are the main qualities?
- What elements are repeated?
- Why or how are they functioning as symbols?
- Think of an updated version of the story. How would you modify the story to make it take place now? Describe the names, places, and other elements.
- DIY Blockbuster! A lot of movies and television series are based on updates and modifications of classics. Here’s a chance to create your own.
Final Version: Expand your draft and add more details and 2 or 3 more paragraphs to the DIY Blockbuster!