- Identify two exchanges of favors that you have seen or can envision on the job.
- How can being acknowledged as a subject matter expert be a source of power and an influence tactic?
- Why are there potential disadvantages of selecting a team leader who is highly charismatic and visionary?
- What is the leader-member exchange model and what effect does it have on a group and its members?
- According to the Reading, how are first impressions important to the team building process?
- Reviewing the case study in chapter 8 “Steve Tackles Mall World” explain why a culture change may be necessary. Which influence tactics could Steve use with his managers to explain that they need to worry about the future of the company?
400 words min. References and citations required.
Dubrin, A. J. (2015). Leadership: Research findings, practice, and
skills. (8th ed.). Boston: Cengage