In this unit, you had a chance to learn about how the adolescent brain develops. Apply what you have learned to one of the possible decisions faced by adolescents below:
- Whether or not to engage in sexual activity with a dating partner.
- Whether or not to drink alcohol.
- Whether or not to cheat on an assignment.
- Whether or not to get a summer job.
- Whether or not to get into a physical fight.
For your chosen topic, address:
- The factors influencing the adolescents cognitive development and decision making.
- How the biological and cognitive perspective would explain the adolescent’s decision making.
- How family patterns might explain the adolescent’s decision making.
Be sure to support the paper with concepts from your assigned readings and at least two peer-reviewed and scholarly resources no more than 5 years old. Use current APA style and formatting for the paper and references. The resources introduced in the second study in Unit 1 can help you in writing and formatting your paper.
Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages. Read the Intelligence Testing Scoring Guide prior to submitting your assignment to ensure you have met all of the expectations of this assignment.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.